8.10.2017

It's in her gypsy blood

The Canvas Corp #ccbchallenge is going on so Let's Visit the Cinema!  This is the 2nd of two entries for me!    

When I think of the word 'cinema', I think of the old-time movies before the fancy computer-generated imagery and special effects ~~ I'm even talking before sound, my friends.

The Talkies is where it all started & since we're talking Canvas Corp and the fact that they encompass the 7gypsies brand, I had to do something gypsy.


This is an homage to art and gypsies and, more importantly, the contributions of Pola Negri to her art - the cinema! She was the quintessential gypsy of her time in films, starring in Gypsy Blood in 1918.

I found a couple pics of Pola in B&W & added some color in Photoshop. I also added some canvas, acetate film strip, cheesecloth, stitching, and Sari ribbon.


A sentiment from Architextures Parchment Rub-ons...     


A smattering of Tattered Angels Coffee Shop & Iridescent Silver Glimmer Mist adds some sparkle & shine ~~ and you have to have a pair of Angel Wings because gypsies are free spirits...  



A couple more shots in different cinematic tones for your viewing pleasure... thank you for coming & I hope you enjoyed the show! 








  

13 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks again for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much - and thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from Facebook. Loving your blog and creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. ohhhh so cool! Love the different elements you have put together! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Canvas corp Brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic job! You really captured the theme nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura - I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. Love your journal page you created for Canvas Corp Brands. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Linda Israel
    http://lindaisrael.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the talkies! great page! Thank you for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun details! Love this! THanks for joining CCB!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!