8.07.2017

So what have you read lately?

The Frilly and Funkie Blog challenge currently going on is Read Any Good Books Lately? ~ create something book-related in the vintage or shabby style. This is the first of 2 entries for me - a junk journal using an old book cover!



I used a myriad of different things as the page base: newspaper ads, scrapbook paper scraps, old book pages, napkins. And they're not neatly cut, either! It's a junk journal so the more ragged, imperfect & chunky - the better!



I've filled it with some personal items like pictures, momentos like event tickets or personal cards. I've made flaps that hide little things underneath or there are envelopes of varying sizes throughout that have little goodies inside. Washi tape, Tim Holtz paper dolls,, small clothes pins to clip things in place, different types of embellishments, random ephemera - and so much more.






It's not perfect & that's how I like it! It's bulky, there are various sizes of pages, and some are paper that's torn to size which makes it look and feel like it was put together with whatever was around at the time. That's how they did it back in the day if you look at old scrapbooks & junk journals! 



No neat edges or perfectly aligned pages - you just grabbed your photos & momentos, got out some tape or paste, an old pair of scissors, & went to town! 


After all - isn't that why we love looking through them - the imperfections yet the heart-felt message conveyed?!



2 comments:

  1. Great idea to use an old book's cover to house all these paper treasures! I love the idea of a junk journal, and your's is so inspiring! I'm so pleased you shared this in my 'Read Any Good Books Lately' challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily PS I can't wait to see your second entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! To me, junk journals are chunky & haphazard & fun to look through! Thanks for coming by! xoxo

      Delete

Hey - Tell me something good!