9.06.2017

I'm going places in my steampunk Model T

I discovered a blog called Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo and they're having a challenge called Journey.



And after thinking about it, I remembered I had this little jewel in my immaculate some-what clean craft room. It's one of those 80s things that plays music - admit it: you had something similar 😃


And it got my wheels turning, so to speak. I got busy gluing stuff on - anything for texture or dimension. I used E6000 glue - needed something strong. 


After drying, I started painting everything black. But I decided to keep the inside as it was. Painting took about 40 min. 


Then, it was time for the magic of Art Alchemy waxes. I had thoughts of using every color I had but I decided I liked just the bronzey color with the black - really sets it off!



I then added some Tim Holtz paper dolls - I love the guy behind the wheel!




Textures and embellishments I used include fabric/trim, zipper, cheesecloth, paper clips, Relics&Artifacts, buttons, gears - even an old computer memory board! 




It almost has a hearse look to it! I hope you've enjoyed this journey with me - beep beep! And yes - it still plays!

video








6 comments:

  1. Wow - what for a wonderful and great piece of art. The car is amazing transformed and you made in fact with all this details a fantastic exploring journey from it!

    Hugs Senna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Senna....and thanks for dropping by to look! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ammazing wow wow wow thanks for playing at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge this month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.Thanks for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting project! thanks for playing at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge this month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey - Tell me something good!